Autoscopy

 



    For this project, I wanted to show how intricate my thoughts are while simultaneously appearing normal to the outside world. To do this, I took inspiration from the movie the Matrix, and wanted to incorporate the green lines of code into myself. In order to do this, I first cut out the background of myself, and then I overlayed half of myself with green lines, and then using the polygonal lasso, I selected half of myself, and once this was done I inverted the selection, and used the black brush tool, and placed this layer on top of myself to get rid of the lines on the background. After this, I used two layers of this, one with the hue blend mode and another with the linear dodge blend mode. The hue mode made was used to make half of my body black and white, while the linear dodge was used to increase the brightness and saturation of the lines on half of my body. After this, to link the image to the matrix more, I added the lines of code to my body, and used the difference blending mode to add a contrast between the code and the lines. Once this was done for both the lines and the code, I moved the layer of the black brush on the very top to cover up the rest of the lines from entering the background. Once this was completed, in order to establish clearly the link to the Matrix, I added both the red and blue pills into the background. Lastly, since the right side of myself was empty, I used the eye dropper tool to add the same color of gray that was on my body to brush onto the background, and once this was done, I added the tag brush in the top right since that was where the empty space remains. I used the multiply blend mode when doing so since this mode allowed it to blend smoothly with the background. Once all of this was done, I copied the tag brush and placed it as a layer below myself, and I did this and moved them around in order to add the texture to the background. Lastly, I used the blur tool with low strength to smoothen out the edges and unify the image. I was unsure of how this project would turn out, but the further I progressed, the happier I became with the end result.

Comments

  1. This project is cool to me because you implemented yourself almost like a robot, and the other half is your human self. I also like how you put your favorite sport: baseball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear, Tyler

    This project is super cool and I haven't seen anyone else do something like this. I really like the idea you were going for by splitting your body into two different designs. You did a great job completely it and your tag brush fits perfectly into the design, good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tyler, This project turned out really good and looks very cool. I love the different ways you altered the photo. Everything that you incorporated in this photo shows that you have learned a lot from this and it's really impressive. At first I thought the baseball in the top right was apart of the background, but after reading your artist statement I saw that it was your tag brush. I feel like you incorporated it very well and it blends great with the rest of the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tyler, I love how your project turned out, and how you took a photo head on to get the final result to look good with the two split sides. It was also cool how you incorporated your tag brush logo on the right side, and had it sort of blend in with the background. Great job on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job man, I can tell you spent hours if not days on this and your artist statement was also very well done. How did you incorporate the green lines and purple cursive ink?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tyler, this project came out great. I love how you did half like a robot and the other half as yourself. The baseball also gives it a better look and since you love baseball, It represents you even more. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Business Cards

somewhere