somewhere

 








        I chose to use this photo of Juice WRLD from his music video Lucid Dreams for my somewhere project because he is my favorite artist and music is very important in my life. To create this, I first went to his music video and took a screenshot of the scene that I wanted to insert myself into. Once this was done, I asked my girlfriend to take a picture of me with lighting most similar to the lighting in the picture. After this, I used the polygonal lasso to create a layer mask of my face and shoulders. I also used the polygonal lasso to copy the hole in the ground and place it on the right side of the image. After this was completed, I placed the layer mask of the hole on top of the layer mask of myself, and used the eraser tool to get rid of the areas that went over the mask of the hole. After this was completed, I altered the lightness of my face and the hue slightly to math the photo as accurately as I could, and then used the brush tool with low hardness on black around the hole in the ground as well as the shadow for my head. After I used the brush, I used the gaussian blur to blend the brush more and make it appear as if it was a shadow. Lastly, I used this same technique with a white brush to imitate the lighting on my nose and eyes that Juice WRLD has, and I applied the gaussian blur to these brush layers as well. Once all of this was done, I had my completed project.



Comments

  1. Tyler this is a really cool project. It barely even seems like you were edited in. I think it's really cool how you incorporated your love for music. The shadow you created is very well done and you matched the hue of the original image very well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autoscopy

Business Cards